Resources for Autism is a dynamic, practical organisation that aims to improve the lives of young people and adults who are diagnosed with autism.
RfA supports those with an autistic spectrum condition and their families and carers in Birmingham and its surrounding regions. Their aim is to bridge the gaps in practical services for people wherever they are on the autistic spectrum.
Summer Befriender Volunteers currently being recruited for the school summer holiday period to offer 30 hours of their time to:
- Provide a befriending role to a young person.
- Work with parents to develop their child’s communication and interaction.
- Provide an extra pair of hands-on practical issues that the family identify e.g. getting out and about.
- Encourage a child/young person to take part in new activities and support them to develop confidence and reduce anxiety
- Have fun !!!
- We do not ask for formal experience of working with children and families in a paid or voluntary capacity. However enthusiasm to work with children/young people or young adults, resilience, a caring approach and commitment are great skills to offer and we provide induction training for all our volunteers.
- Informal Interview
- DBS check
We provide: Induction, On-going Training and Support and out of pocket expense and a great opportunity to gain new skills and experiences.