World of Work at SWBH NHS Trust
World of Work Recruitment re-starting soon - City Hospital
Recruitment for July - October 2020
World of Work (WoW) is our unique work experience pathway to employment programme specifically designed and funded if you are a job seeker or unemployed, and are age 25 plus. You must live within the Birmingham and Solihull catchment and meet the Department of Work & Pensions (DWP) referral criteria and looking for employment within the Health Care sector.
We believe our WoW programme could be for you, especially if:
- You are age 25 plus, an unemployed job seeker who wants to be ‘job ready’ and live in Birmingham within three to five miles of City Hospital? (Post codes should start with B1 – B48 or B90 – B95)
- You have no formal qualifications, but really want to pursue a career in the Health Care sector?
- You also currently volunteer in a Health Care related setting but need retraining and formal qualifications to boost your job chances?
- You are honest, trustworthy and reliable?
- You have the capacity to participate in 16 hours of development training for 4 weeks which will include: 2 weeks of in-house training, functional skills, IT assessments, real work-based experience on placement with Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospital NHS Trust and an external health and social care service organisation?
If it’s a YES to at least three of any of the above then the chances are our World of Work pathway to employment programme might be just right for you.
WoW programme will get you ‘ready for work’ for at least one job role and depending on qualifications a multi-skilled discipline (clinical and non-clinical) in vital service areas and for the next including positions health care assistants, trainee nurses and many more positions that we will soon have coming up across our hospitals.
If you are interested, but still want to know more before fully committing, remember we will train, mentor and support you throughout. We will provide you with the work experience whilst helping you to obtain the level of functional skills and qualifications you will need.
- Applicants must be age 25+ unemployed, live in Birmingham within three to five miles of City Hospital, (Post codes should start with B1 – B48 or B90 – B95) and would want to be ‘job ready’. To enrol please click on the following weblink we have provided below and fill in the online application form – Deadline by 5pm – Fri 3rd July 2020
Do make contact with: Liza Gill, Rachel Masi or colleagues via SWBH’s Volunteers Service Team: 0121 507 4891
But for more information you can also visit: www.birmingham.gov.uk/wow