Birmingham Hospice has released a heart-warming animation to raise awareness of why the charity’s support is so desperately needed, how its care makes a difference, and why donations are vital to ensuring that its services can continue to be provided. 

Created in collaboration with Stone’s Throw Media, ‘George’s Story’, highlights some of the ways Birmingham Hospice supports local people living with a terminal diagnosis –bringing warmth and care to people who would otherwise be scared, lonely and financially strained this Christmas. 

Offering personalised support at home, in local communities or at the hospice, Birmingham Hospice, formerly Birmingham St Mary’s and John Taylor Hospices, helps people across Birmingham to live well with their illness, right up to the very end of life. The charity’s vision is a future where everyone with a life-limiting illness will live and die in dignity and comfort.

As ‘George’s Story’ explains, Birmingham Hospice relies on fundraised income to continue providing its services. Each year, the charity needs to raise more than £15 million to fund its vital care – 60% of this comes from the NHS, the remaining 40% has to be raised through voluntary donations.

The charity’s animation is part of its wider Care at Christmas campaign, helping local people living with a terminal diagnosis receive the warmth and care they so desperately need this winter. Here are the many ways you can get involved: 

  • Make a donation
  • Buy the charity’s Christmas cards
  • Host your own sponsored Rudolph Run this December
  • Take part in Giftmas, the charity’s Christmas raffle
  • Wear your festive knit to school or college for a small donation
  • Book your visit to see Santa and his enchanted elves at the Christmas Grotto – Saturday 9th December at Reloved Revolution by Birmingham Hospice
  • Dedicate a star in memory of your loved one and join the charity’s special evenings of remembrance – Monday 11th December at Harvest Fields Centre and Thursday 14th December at Birmingham Hospice – Selly Park
  • Book your Treecycling collection, where the charity will collect your Christmas tree in exchange for a donation. 

To watch ‘George’s Story’ and learn more about how you can support local people living with a terminal diagnosis this Christmas, please visit: