WE Schools Senior Manager
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE – Making doing good, doable.
WE is seeking a WE Schools Senior Manager to join our WE Schools department. Our team develops and implements unique programmes to engage young people in learning about social issues and taking action to support WE Charity’s sustainable community development work overseas, as well as its local programming across the UK. The WE Schools Senior Manager will lead a remote team who will be working with schools across the Midlands.
This is an exciting time to be joining WE in the UK as we expand our WE Schools presence to the Midlands and you will be a part of helping shape the future of this journey with us.
The WE Schools Senior Manager will manage the organisation’s relationship with a variety of stakeholders including community organisations, multi-academy trusts, teacher networks and school networks in Birmingham and in the Midlands. They will be responsible for developing and delivering the WE Schools implementation strategy across the Midlands and will ensure we are meeting KPIs and deliverables as set out in our WE Schools UK strategy.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to our core beliefs within WE.
The position would be ideal for someone who has experience of working in the education sector and can utilise their years of experience and exposure to schools across the region.
This position reports directly to the Director of WE Schools in the UK.
This is a full-time fixed-term contract ending on 31st August 2021 with an ideal start date in May 2019.
The salary is £34,000 - £38,000 per annum, commensurate with experience.
The position is primarily a remote role, ideally based in Birmingham, with regular travel across the Midlands and to our UK head office in London where necessary.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Your Impacts and Responsibilities
Leadership and Strategy
- Lead the design and development of the Birmingham and Midlands WE Schools 3-year implementation strategy
- Lead a team of WE Schools Programme Managers to make a success of the strategy and implementation plan
- Play a key role in the recruitment process to ensure a strong WE Schools team is in place in Birmingham and the region
- Develop, retain and maintain relationships with senior level staff in multi-academy trusts and engage with school networks, teacher networks and other relevant groups to ensure engagement in the WE Schools programme
- Serve as an advisor and liaison to networks, organisations and multi-academy trusts and provide them with resources and support to implement the WE Schools programme across their networks
- Maintain a solid understanding of the curriculum, educational landscape and wider context of the region(s) you are working in, including the local issues facing teachers, schools and young people
- Discuss stakeholder needs and engage with the wider WE Schools team to craft relevant solutions for those who you are responsible for
- Design and execute an annual communication strategy for each stakeholder within your portfolio, including email, phone and Skype calls, as well as in-person meetings where possible
- Lead, attend and contribute to the planning and organisation of WE conferences, events and speaking engagements for your portfolio
- Travel to the UK head office in London on a regular basis and occasionally other areas of the UK when needed
- Ensure the CRM system and all files pertaining to your stakeholders are kept up to date and are accurate
- Prepare and provide regular reports on the status of your contacts, pipeline, stakeholders and activities in line with KPIs and targets set
- Measure the impact of school actions across all programmes and campaigns using both quantitative and qualitative information
- Build impact stories from each school during the school year to support funder reporting and Marketing and Communication initiatives
- Work on various projects as assigned by the leadership team and your direct report
- Support with the planning and execution of WE Days, as they relate to your daily responsibilities and your assigned in-venue role
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5-7+ years of professional experience in the education sector with a solid network of contacts in the education space, including but not exclusively multi-academy trusts, senior leaders and community organisations
- Understanding of character education, social action, civic engagement and active citizenship and the impact these can have on young people
- Line management experience with an ability to coach and lead a remote team to success
- Strong knowledge of learning pedagogy and the English curriculum
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work remotely and regularly from home, both individually and as part of a team
- A problem solver who is solution focused and a strategic thinker
- Possessing a customer-focused nature with experience of building and maintaining high-profile relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Dependable and able to follow instructions as well as take responsibility for individual actions and to honour commitments
- Willingness to travel for work (within the UK and internationally)
- Proficient use of MS Office programmes and experience with database management e.g. Salesforce
- PGCE/equivalent qualification or professional teaching experience
- Employer-provided health and dental benefits and pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance (20 days annual leave + statutory holidays + office shutdown days during the holiday period between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day) + Birthdays off
- Flexible work hours if on occasion you need to start late or leave early
- The opportunity to attend WE Day, our flagship event
- Staff trip to Kenya, India or Ecuador with all costs on the ground covered by the organisation
- The opportunity to visit our headquarters in Toronto, Canada
Applications are reviewed as and when they are received so the post may be filled before the advertised closing date.
If invited for an interview, please note our interview process is multi-staged and will involve interviewing once with the Head of People Operations UK and have a second interview with the Director of WE Schools and UK Director of Operations.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
If you have any access requirements, please notify us in advance and we will do all we can to accommodate you.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reimburse interview expenditure incurred.
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organisations making doing good, doable. WE is made up of WE Charity, empowering domestic and international change, ME to WE, a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity, and WE Day, filling stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables young people and families to better the world—supporting 7,200+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of social action, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of pounds that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, WE teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,500 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org.
We sincerely thank all those who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.