WE Schools Programme Manager
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE – Making doing good, doable.
WE is seeking several WE Schools Programme Managers to join our WE Schools department. Our team develops and implements unique programmes to engage young people in learning about social issues and taking action to support WE Charity’s sustainable community development work overseas, as well as its local programming across the UK. The WE Schools Programme Manager will develop and manage a portfolio of schools across Birmingham and the Midlands, ideally bringing and leveraging their own network of contacts in the education space.
This role will have responsibility for delivering the implementation strategy for WE Schools across the Midlands and will deliver on KPIs and deliverables as set out in our WE Schools UK strategy.
This is an exciting time to be joining WE in the UK as we expand our WE Schools presence to the Midlands and you will be a part of helping shape the future of this journey with us.
- The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to our core beliefs within WE.
- This position reports directly into the WE Schools Senior Manager.
- This is a full-time fixed-term contract ending on 31st August 2021 with a start date in May 2019.
- The salary is £28,000 per annum.
- This position is primarily a remote role (however you must be based in Birmingham or the surrounding area) with regular travel across the Midlands and on occasion to our UK head office in London where necessary.
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Your Impacts and Responsibilities:
- Engage school personnel in the WE Schools programme and active citizenship opportunities
- Serve as an advisor and liaison to schools and teachers and provide them with the resources and support needed to implement WE’s fundraisers and awareness raising campaigns
- Design and deliver workshops and CPD sessions to teachers, providing them with the skills, knowledge and inspiration required to positively engage their students in the WE Schools programme
- Discuss school needs and work with the wider WE Schools team to craft relevant solutions for those you are responsible for
- Design and execute an annual communication strategy for schools in your portfolio, including email, phone and Skype calls, as well as in-person meetings where possible
- Lead, attend and contribute to the planning and organisation of WE conferences, events and speaking engagements as they pertain to your portfolio
- Ensure the CRM system and all files pertaining to your portfolio of schools are kept up-to-date and are accurate
- Prepare and provide regular reports on the status of your portfolio and activities in-line with KPIs and targets set
- Measure the impact of school actions across all programmes and campaigns using both quantitative and qualitative information
- Build impact stories and school profiles throughout the academic year to inspire other schools and support funder reporting and marketing and communications initiatives
- Work on various projects as assigned by the leadership team and your line manager
- Support with the planning and execution of WE Days, as it relates to your daily responsibilities and your assigned in-venue role
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience and a strong background in education or teaching with a PGCE or equivalent qualification
- Strong knowledge of learning pedagogy and the English National Curriculum
- Solid understanding of the curriculum, educational landscape and wider context of the region(s) you are working in, including the local issues facing teachers, schools and young people
- Highly self-motivated, a problem solver, solution focused and a strategic thinker
- Motivated by goals and experience meeting and surpassing targets
- Customer-focused nature
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Dependable and able to follow instructions as well as take responsibility for individual actions and to honour commitments
- Proficient use of MS Office programmes and experience with database management e.g. Salesforce
- Willingness to travel for work (within the UK and internationally)
- Understanding of active citizenship, social action and character education
- Employer-provided health and dental benefits and pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance (20 days annual leave + statutory holidays + office shutdown days during the holiday period between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day) + Birthdays off
- Flexible work hours if on occasion you need to start late or leave early
- Staff trip to Kenya, India or Ecuador with all costs on the ground covered by the organisation
- The opportunity to attend WE Day, our flagship event
Closing Date: April 19th, 2019
Applications are reviewed as and when they are received so the post may be filled before the advertised closing date.
If invited for an interview, please note our interview process is multi-staged and will involve interviewing once with the Head of People Operations UK and have a second interview with the Director of WE Schools and WE Schools Senior Manager.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
If you have any access requirements, please notify us in advance and we will do all we can to accommodate you.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reimburse interview expenditure incurred.
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organisations making doing good, doable. WE is made up of WE Charity, empowering domestic and international change, ME to WE, a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity, and WE Day, filling stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables young people and families to better the world—supporting 7,200+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of social action, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of pounds that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, WE teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,500 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org.
We sincerely thank all those who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.