Oasis Hub Hobmoor works to provide integrated, high-quality services that benefit the whole person and the whole community. This is achieved by bringing together the Oasis ethos and values, local and national resources and expertise, and working together in and with local partners. Oasis Hub Hobmoor is made up of Oasis Academy Hobmoor and Hobmoor Community Centre working alongside several community projects. We aim to ensure users receive excellent customer care and their expectations are exceeded.
After securing funding for 3 years, the Hub has created the new role of Volunteer Coordinator to manage the volunteer help offered. As volunteering is a key element we want to increase the profile and value of volunteering, empower the community, build on the local community strengths and provide the necessary structures to make volunteering as effective as it can be.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a relevant qualification or demonstrable experience in a similar role, and has the first-hand experience of being a volunteer.
- A high standard of English, Maths and computer skills.
- Has leadership, training and management skills and demonstrates diplomacy and tact.
- Can show initiative, understand how a group works best and build cohesion.
- Has the ability to be flexible, resilient and cope with change.
- Has an understanding of Safeguarding and what it means in this context.
- The ability to speak other languages would be helpful, but not essential.
In return, you will be supported by a friendly team of professionals, enjoy a generous holiday allowance and be part of a pension scheme with employer contributions of 7% of your gross salary.
Closing date is for applications is Monday 21st January 2019.
Interviews will be held week beginning 28th January 2019 at Oasis Academy Hobmoor.
Applicants will be committed to the ethos of Oasis and be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff will be subject to appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and referencing.
If you are interested and would like further details and an application form, please contact the OCT Recruitment Team, on recruitment[at]oasisuk[dot]org or call 0207 921 4259. Please indicate in your enquiry where you saw this vacancy. Please note, CVs alone will not be accepted as you will need to request an application pack.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487