Traveller Research Worker
Job Title: Traveller Research Project
Responsible to: CEO
Job Purpose: To build on existing links and strengthen relationships, and identify needs and investigate potential support.
Hours of Work: 28 hours per week for 3 years (flexible hours)
Location: Based at Birmingham Irish Association, St Anne’s Parish Centre, Alcester Street, Deritend, Birmingham B12 0PH
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in a way that recognises and values diversity the Traveller Support and Research Worker will:
- Build on existing links with the traveller community to strengthen relationships
- Carry out research with the traveller community to identify what their challenges and needs are and what potential support could look like to help them to overcome these challenges
- Work with GP’s, Parish Priests and other services that are trusted by travellers
- Work with other specialist workers employed by the Project
- Share knowledge and research across the partnership and with other key stakeholders, eg. support agencies and GP’s
- This position will be employed by the Birmingham Irish Association and will be subject to all terms and conditions of the employing organisation.
Traveller Research Project
Skills and abilities
- Good level of written and oral communication skills
- Competence in the use of IT Packages (Microsoft Word, Excel & email)
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to maintain clear and consistent boundaries with clients
- Ability to undertake training and maximise learning
- Ability to work responsibility and flexibly
- Commitment to promoting diversity and equality
- Knowledge of the Travelling Community and their experiences.
- Knowledge of the Irish Community and their experiences (desirable)
- Be able to take initiative
- Flexibility of working time
- Conform to standards of dress which reflects a professional service
- Full UK Driving licence and use of own car.
Interviews will be held week commencing 9th September
All enquiries, CV and covering letters to morag[at]birminghamirish.org[dot]uk