Purpose of the Job
The Shop Manager will lead the team to maximise the shop(s) financial contribution to BSWA by effective and entrepreneurial management and be responsible for the effective operation of the shop(s) with responsibility for:
- Recruiting, training, managing and developing a volunteer team working within BSWA values
- Optimising sales across all departments.
- Achieving set targets
- Provide excellent customer service to both customers and donors
- Maintaining effective stock management and merchandising.
- Carrying out shop(s) administration, including Gift Aid administration.
- Taking necessary action to repair and maintain the premises and to take all reasonable steps to protect BSWA property from theft, damage or fire.
- Training and ensuring team adherence to all health and safety policy and procedures.
- To assist your Line Manager as required in area-wide initiatives, for example, new shop openings.
This post is subject to a 6% pension contribution. Women only need to apply. These posts are covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (Schedule 9; Equality Act 2010).
Please note: all successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check before commencing their employment.
If you are interested please download a recruitment pack from www.bswaid.org and return completed forms to: Birmingham & Solihull Women’s Aid, Central Administration, Ryland House, 44-48 Bristol Street, Birmingham, B5 7AA or email to recruitment[at]bswaid[dot]org.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Tuesday 7th May at 12 noon. Interviews will take place on Monday 13th May.