Reception and Admin Officer
- Report to: Senior Manager
- Working closely with: Caseworkers and volunteers
- Job purpose: To be a welcoming face at RMC to all visitors and clients, to answer all telephone calls on the main reception, assist with triage and provide admin support.
The post holder will be expected to work 35 hours per week during 9-5 between Monday and Friday based in Walsall town centre.
Probationary period: 4 months
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the reception area and the surrounding environment
- Greet visitors professionally, direct their enquiries and keep signing in records up to date.
- Answer telephone effectively and transfer calls to relevant staff within the office
- Signpost clients effectively at the point of triage – have the ability to understand/learn about the needs of refugee and migrants and where to signpost appropriately if RMC does not cover a specific area of work.
- Log in service users on Microsoft 365 ticketing system.
- Logging new files onto the database
- Book appointments for the advice/casework team and volunteers.
- Log incoming post on the Office 365 and liaise with clients where relevant
- Liaise with the Admin/Finance Officer at the head office to complete orders for stationery and other necessary supplies.
- Provide admin support to the advice team when required which includes – filing manual and electronic, booking appointments, faxing and photocopying.
- To administer volunteer expenses and keep accurate records.
- Liaising with the Office Manager for staff holiday/sickness
- To deal with all incoming referrals for various projects
For an application form please email vacancies[at]rmcentre.org[dot]uk.