Birmingham, Young Adult Inside Out Community Empowerment Services- Offered by Bringing Hope Charity and A-Vision for Empowerment CIC.
Bringing Hope Charity and A-Vision have over 25 years’ experience of effective engagement, training and supporting individuals and groups who are involved in behaviours, attitudes and activities that are threatening to themselves, their families and communities. They have a hard-earned reputation for their work in prisons and local communities and are very aware of factors that will influence the offending or reoffending trajectory of young adults and families associated with crime and violence.
The services are aimed at young adult offenders, prisoners and ex-offenders aged 18 to 30 (men and women). We are specifically interested in those individuals who are involved or considered at risk of being drawn into negative group associations and activities, serious violence and criminality.
This resettlement, wraparound support, is intended to engage and empower young people who are on a journey of change and transition.
We are looking for a project coordinator with, enthusiasm; drive, creativity and person-centred skills, to coordinate the strategic and operational functions of
Bringing Hope’s partnership services relating to our support and delivery to young adults associated with the criminal justice system. This will include the day to day management of one or two members of staff and carrying a caseload.
The ideal candidate should, therefore, have at minimum 3 years’ experience of management, supervision and case management within a third statutory sector context. They should be self- motivated, creative, insightful and have a passion to make a difference to those that need it.
SPECIFIC DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- To effectively support the management of a small team in the delivery of its services relating to Young Adult Inside Out Community Empowerment
- To supervise staff in their support of individuals and families referred to BH, in prison and community.
- To carry a caseload of complex cases relating to work with individuals, families and other support services, seeking to address issues associated with violence and criminality.
- To coordinate and where required work in partnership with other community- based organisations, to assist in the delivery of peer-led community-based support forums.
- To ensure there is constant communication with the project Administrative Worker regarding case records and updates for data governance and reporting purposes.
- Ensuring that referral sources and case sensitive information are uploaded and monitored.
- To prepare and present necessary reports to the management team and funders of the project.
- To assist in developing key partnerships with relevant organisations that can improve key pathways/outcomes for clients associated with the project.
- To research, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the services, against benchmarks, and make recommendations for improvement.