Northfield Community Partnership is an anchor charity organisation based in the South West of Birmingham.
We are a friendly team, priding ourselves on maintaining a positive and values-led organisation. We aim to provide a flexible working environment with a good work/life balance.
Days: Flexible, with a preference for 3 days (20 hours) per week.
Duration: Initially a 6-month contract with a possibility of renewal/permanent role.
Location: Currently remote in line with the government’s COVID 19 guidelines; usual office in Northfield, Birmingham.
Acting as the Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Supporting the CEO with PA duties such as diary scheduling and organising meetings email management assistance.
- Supporting the CEO with other administrative tasks as requested, such as minute taking and preparing documentation for distribution.
- Producing high-quality documents, presentations, and reports under the direction of the CEO.
- Collating and producing mailshots for various stakeholder engagement.
Assistant to the Operations Manager
- General office administration including stationery orders, processing incoming and outgoing mail and dealing with general departmental emails and telephone calls as appropriate.
- Assisting with the organisation of meetings and report preparation for meetings.
- Supporting the Operations Manager with staff recruitment and maintaining systems and procedures for all stages of the recruitment process, including new starter and leavers processes.
- Assisting with social media monitoring and appropriate information sharing across all platforms.
- Proactively participating in the development of administration systems and processes commensurate with the role as requested by the Operations Manager and Executive Director.
- Raising and monitoring invoices, monitoring suppliers’ invoices, ensuring that they are authorised and paid.
- Monitoring petty cash.
- Assisting with the preparation of Financial Summary for board meetings.
- Other Finance duties commensurate with the role as requested by the CEO and Operations Manager
- Analysing spreadsheets to prepare weekly data returns.
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times throughout all duties and responsibilities.
- The ability to work to deadlines, while remaining well-organised.
- Good IT skills including intermediate Excel and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- The ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Enthusiastic about being part of a busy and fast-moving office
- Proactive and able to take the initiative when necessary
- Efficient and able to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- Supportive of Northfield Community Partnership’s mission and values.
- Experience of working in a small charity environment, particularly a charity running a number of projects.
- Previous Personal Assistant experience.
- Bookkeeping and/or financial administration experience
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Numeracy and literacy commensurate with the role.
- Ability to act on own initiative and organise personal workloads effectively.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter (no longer than 1 side of A4) explaining how you meet the person specification and why you would like to work at Northfield Community Partnership.
Application Deadline: 12 noon – 29 May 2020
Notification of interviews – during the week commencing 1 June 2020