Job Title: Office Coordinator
Responsible to: CEO
Job Purpose: Duties will include maintaining and developing office systems, covering the office reception and being the first point of contact for all callers to the Office.
Hours of Work: 36.5 per week (negotiable)
Location: Birmingham Irish Association, Birmingham
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deal proactively with incoming correspondence/enquiries e.g. mail, e-mail, responding as appropriate.
- Take ownership of all enquiries, resolving or identifying alternative contacts as appropriate.
- Develop and implement administrative systems including general administration, reception cover, staff leave, recording, maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment.
- Provide support and coaching for others.
- Manage a database system.
- Maintain health and safety procedures of the office and arrange for necessary repairs.
- Manage and maintain key communication networks including website, Facebook and Newsletter.
- Manage and maintain key internal databases including Advice Pro.
- Organise meetings, events and activities as appropriate to the role ensuring efficient scheduling.
- Maintain sufficient consumable stock for the front office shop.
- Anticipate and provide all relevant documentation through understanding the nature of the work of BIA including forms, the monthly report, agendas and minutes.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills, regularly act on own initiative, highlighting issues and suggesting possible solutions.
- See and act on opportunities to enhance the user’s service.
- Actively source and share knowledge with others.
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion and personal sensitivity in all aspects of the role.
- Build a network of strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post and agreed by the CEO.
- Contribute to the development of and adhere to the organisation's policies and procedures.
- Attend regular supervision and training as appropriate.
- Undergo a Disclosure Barring Service check.
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the legal responsibilities of voluntary sector organisations.
- Knowledge of health and safety.
- Experience of managing a high volume of work, providing full administrative support to more than one person.
- Proven time management experience.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Skills in collecting, managing and disseminating information.
- Skills in the use of ICT – including internet, word processing, desktop publishing, websites and social media.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and process basic financial information.
- The ability to prioritise workload, managing expectations and challenging where necessary.
- The ability to work proactively and using own initiative.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- The ability to cover reception when required.
- The ability to project manage.
- Enthusiasm for the programmes, ethos and goals of BIA.
Interviews week commencing 9th September 2019
Enquires, CV and covering letter to morag[at]birminghamirish.org[dot]uk