Marketing & Communications Project Manager
Employment Status: Permanent full-time (may consider part-time for an exceptional candidate)
Responsible To: CEO Forward Carers
Forward Carers is an award-winning social enterprise passionate about making a difference to those people caring for a family member, friend or neighbour. The Marketing and Communications Project Manager will help create and implement operational strategies to increase stakeholder engagement through traditional and digital marketing campaigns. You will independently create content and marketing solutions that generate value and position Forward Carers as a trusted, innovative social enterprise delivering quality services across the West Midlands. Working in a small dedicated team, you will have a focus on improving website content and linking to e-communications, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube promotions. The role includes coordination of internal and external communications to ensure staff and service delivery partners are informed and on-message. Ultimately you will play a key role in assisting Forward Carers to achieve its’ mission to improve the health and wellbeing of carers, so families stay healthier and happier, together, for longer.
- Development and effective implementation of marketing/communications strategy.
- Managing internal and external communications and key messaging.
- Website and digital platform management, ensuring content is engaging.
- Gaining insight by meeting and interviewing carers/clients to inform strategy.
- Overseeing event and PR materials so we’re on-brand, on-message and call-to-actions are clear.
- Increase service take-up through promotional activities and events in-line with business objectives.
- Compiling a regular eNews to send to carers.
- Use of evidence, data and research to create, update and review content that demonstrates the positive difference Forward Carers is making to people’s lives.
- Develop the social media policy and manage adherence.
- Manage relationships with internal customers and wider stakeholders such as statutory agencies and other community organisations; making sure messages and information are clear, consistent and accurate.
- Develop a content calendar for updating the website and social media posts.
- Monitoring and reporting of data/analytics including evaluation and production of impact reviews.
Person Specification (Key: E = Essential, D = Desirable)
- Education, Qualifications and Training
- Degree or equivalent standard of education with a good level of written and spoken English. (E)
- Marketing and/or Digital Media Graduate. (D)
- Development and effective implementation of marketing and engagement strategies. (E)
- Experience in organisational communications, content creation, social media and digital. (E)
- Compelling writing, visual and storytelling, adapting styles to different channels. (E)
- Compiling design briefs overseeing marketing / PR materials to production. (D)
- Experience of event management/promotions. (D)
- Understand the role of marketing in a non-profit organisation. (D)
- Writing press releases. (D)
- Evaluation of marketing effectiveness including review of engagement analytics. (D)
- Personal Attributes
- Planning, coordination and successful delivery of projects and events. (E)
- Ability to write clear and compelling content with a consistent style and tone of voice, and a commitment to writing in plain English. (E)
- Ability to manage time, prioritise workload and work on own initiative. (E)
- Willingness to become involved in all functions of marketing and communications across the partnering organisations. (E)
- Demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality. (E)
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player. (E)
- Able to travel between site locations as and when needed. (E)
- Self-motivated and results-driven with exceptional prioritisation and communication skills. (E)
- Website administration and content management. (E)
- Branding awareness and guideline management. (D)
- More than an eye for a good photo. (D)
- Other Requirements
- Ability to travel across West Midlands as required. (E)
- Enhanced DBS check. (E)
Location: Office based in Selly Oak but with travel across the West Midlands.
Application: Send covering email or attached letter and CV (or link to your LinkedIn Profile) to dionne.williams[at]forwardcarers.org[dot]uk with the email entitled ‘Marketing & Communications Post’. To be considered for this post you will need to ensure that you have demonstrated how your skills and experience meet the Person Specification requirements to fulfil the job successfully. Closing time/date is noon 28th August 2019.