Male Housing Support Worker
Job title: Male Housing Support Worker
Reports to: Supported Housing Manager
Liaises with: Director / Operations Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Location: Based in Birmingham
We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled MALE candidate with experience within the Supported Housing field to join our Support Team. You should possess the range of skills required for a Housing Support worker working with vulnerable adults.
A full UK driving licence and use of your own car is essential for this role.
Purpose: Working towards the social inclusion of clients with challenging and chaotic lifestyles. To provide support to vulnerable individuals to help them achieve their life aspirations and goals. You will work with clients on a one-to-one and group work basis to help them with a range of tasks such as managing their money, maximising their benefits, promoting independent living skills and dealing with everyday challenges.
Responsibilities, Activities and Duties
- Engage with actual and potential referral agencies including statutory and third sector agencies and where appropriate, in order to generate referrals for services as required.
- Carry out an initial assessment of the potential or actual service user, including any risks, or his / her needs and requirements in respect of the service on offer.
- Design and deliver an effective programme, learning or support plan with the service user using specialist agencies as applicable. This should be based on an initial assessment of the service users’ needs and abilities.
- The progressions/outcomes delivered should be recorded, monitored, reviewed and updated regularly, in a timely manner and in line with contract requirements.
- To promote independence and wellbeing through enabling and supporting clients to budget in order to manage their personal finances as independently as possible, access and claim their full benefit entitlement, sign up to appropriate courses, voluntary work, prompt to keep G.P and outpatient appointments.
- Maintain contact regularly with service users in accordance with the requirements of the service.
- Risk assesses and takes the necessary actions in respect of any activities/engagement with service users including personal safety.
- Identify and maintain focus on achievement of the desired outcome for the service user in order to enable each individual to access social, leisure, work and educational opportunities.
- Develop relationships / liaise with appropriate external groups/agencies, working collaboratively in a multi-agency setting in support of services users’ needs and requirements.
- Ensure that the immediate environment of the service user in relation to service provision is well maintained, clean, tidy and assessed for any fire, health and safety risks.
- Use resources efficiently and effectively, ensuring proper use and security at all times, maintaining and checking all equipment and resources in own area of responsibility.
- Work with colleagues and co-ordinate activity across the team and with other stakeholders, including attending meetings, to ensure the service is achieving its aims.
- Comply with protocols, policies and security of any statutory agency partner, if based with the partner agency.
- Respond to internal or external complaints promptly, challenging any anti-social behaviour and reporting any risks.
- Maximise any income collection required in respect of the service user, liaising with external agencies and taking appropriate action as necessary.
- Meet individual performance targets and contribute towards meeting team performance targets in respect of the service.
- Maintain up to date records and produce relevant reports as required. This includes inputting information onto appropriate systems as per contractual and Pegasus Supported Housing Ltd requirements and producing required evidence and reports in a timely manner.
- Engage fully in regular supervision with your line manager.
- To notify the Line Manager of planned whereabouts and to submit accurate timesheets monthly.
- Adhere to Safeguarding, Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times and comply with legislation and statutory duties and data controls protocols.
- Act in line with, promote and carry out all responsibilities with full regard to Pegasus Supported Housing Ltd’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, in accordance with the agreed policy.
- Ensure individual expertise and subject area knowledge is up to date through Continuous Personal Development, including sharing good practise, engaging with training and acquiring/maintaining any individual qualifications required for the role.
- Any other duties as required.
Job Type / Category
The role will be based in the Supported Housing sector, you will undertake lone working in Pegasus' shared houses in Birmingham, using a Lone working device to ensure safety at all times. We are looking for two permanent full-time candidates to join our dedicated Support Team. Standard working hours for this post are 37.5 hours per week. For an application pack or any further information please contact Nav on 0121 455 9324.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
A minimum of 1-year experience in specifically in the housing support field is essential.
Must have the full UK driving licence and use of own car.