Keyworker (multiple positions available)
You will be expected to be a proactive member of the new specialist multi-agency and multidisciplinary Young Persons Team, where you will provide a high-level service to vulnerable or at-risk young people across the different levels of need/ support from early help to children and young people in care. This will involve sharing best practice with other members of the team in relation to approaches and strategies, developing plans of support and promoting programmes of social education, activities, support, and advice.
You will also build positive relationships and promote the value of lifestyle changes to the client group and their families, while also contributing to multi-disciplinary assessments of children and families in need of help and coaching young people in connecting with community resources and services. Providing practical advice to professionals who come into contact with children and young adults who are involved, suspected or at risk of being exploited through gangs is also a key aspect of this role.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of providing support, advice and advocacy and the ability to assess clients’ needs
- Proven record of engaging successfully with challenging people
- Experience in negotiating with partner agencies to establish links to further the aims of a project.
- A relevant qualification, or to be working towards one, and a Level 3 Advice & Guidance qualification
- Knowledge of the client group and the challenges and motivations of young people
- A sound understanding of anti-discriminatory working practices
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills, both verbal and written
We welcome applications from individuals with lived experience.
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, access to clinical supervision, season ticket loan and much more.
To apply please complete an application form which can be accessed through our website: https://www.stgilestrust.org.uk/
Interview dates: 17th and 18th June 2020 (please note if lockdown restrictions and social distancing measures are still in place, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via video)
(please note successful candidates should expect to be appointed at the starting point of the salary scale and consideration may be given to a higher salary depending on the experience of the individual)