Female Family Support and Development Worker
We are looking for a person with ‘lived experience’ and at least three years’ experience of working with young people and families within a statutory, voluntary or community context. We are seeking to appoint a person, with enthusiasm, drive, creativity, cultural competence and person-centred skills, to assist in the delivery and support of our Bringing Hope -Damascus Road Prison and Community ‘Second Chance’ Project, funded by The National Lottery Community Fund- A project designed to engage, motivate, challenge and support offenders, ex-offenders, also their families in aspects of positive change and personal development.
We are therefore seeking a person with the following:
- Experience of working in marginalised and deprived communities with individuals/families associated with multiple needs
- A creative and motivated person who has knowledge of the criminal justice system and can engage individuals involved in the system
- A person who is passionate to see the lives of individuals, families and communities positively transformed
- A person willing to develop training programmes and activities for offenders and ex-offenders in prison and community
- Capacity to develop sustainable training and support forum for female service users