Family Support Worker
To work with families of under 5s, including pre-birth, to provide Early Help interventions to meet the identified needs of families. This work takes place both on a one to one basis in family homes and in other settings, using group work.
- To empower families to engage in support, enabling a person-centred solution-focused approach to family support where the service user guides the package of support.
- To support families with identified support needs, holding a caseload and taking part in Case Supervision.
- To provide guidance and support on childcare, child development, child safety, nutrition, and early education.
- To develop programmes of work with families which produce the outcomes required in assessments or plans
- To attend multi-agency meetings as required and provide reports
Minimum NVQ 3 Health & Social Care or Working with Parents or equivalent. An enhanced DBS will be required to take up this post.
The Springfield Project works in partnership with St Paul’s Community Development Trust to deliver Birmingham Forward Steps Services in the Hall Green district. Applicants will be expected to work across the district as and when required.
There are 2 posts available;
1 x 12 month fixed term contract, 1 x permanent post
Please return completed application forms to recruit[at]springfieldproject.org[dot]uk