Muslim Women’s Network UK (MWNUK) is a small charity (no.1155092) that works to improve social justice and equality for Muslim women and girls. We find out about the experiences of Muslim women and girls through research and helpline enquiries. We identify policy and practice gaps and use this information to inform decision makers in government and to inform our community campaigns. We also develop resources and train women so they are better aware of their rights.
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the role is to provide support to senior management with organisation, scheduling, correspondence, human resources, and organising meetings, and to engage effectively with our members. Other responsibilities will also include office organisation, project management (where required), supporting with deadline compliance, and handling/storage of important documents and files.
- Manage general administration across teams when required in order to support the smooth running of the office and managing the Executive Director’s diary
- Manage communication including post, telephone, email, accepting visitors and raising issues with the building manager
- Photocopying, filing, ensuring stationary is stocked and maintaining equipment inventory
- Develop and maintain recording and information systems in accordance with GDPR regulations, i.e. to ensure data is processed, stored, retained and deleted in accordance with GDPR and our data protection policy
- Writes and distributes e-newsletters to members and subscribers
- Help to arrange and prepare for meetings
- Take notes at meetings and events
- Help to book travel
- Prepare presentations as required
- Manage IT subscriptions e.g. Microsoft Office
- Provide basic IT support to staff by troubleshooting problems and contacting the IT person when necessary
- Attend events and manage the MWNUK stall at events, e.g. our Annual General Meeting (including sharing resources including promoting the helpline)
- Engage with volunteers (if required)
- Promote equality, diversity and social justice in carrying out all aspects of the role, in line with the values of the MWNUK
- Promote a strong brand image of MWNUK by maintaining high standards in all communication with colleagues, partners, donors and the general public
Online Member Platform
- Engage with users of our Member Platform
- Assist with checking content on the Member Platform and flagging up any concerns
- Identify bloggers, contacting them and inviting them to join the platform and share content
- Identify events and sharing details on the platform
- Monitor membership increase and composition
- Keep a record of individuals engaged with
Social Media/ Website Updates
- Assist in MWNUK social media management
- Work as part of a team to develop large social media campaigns
- Use timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimise visits
- Update and maintain website
- Supervise and delegate tasks to student placements/volunteers (when required)
- Being proactive in identify problems /risks early and raise them appropriately
- Work on ongoing GDPR compliance
Finance Related Duties
- Manage petty cash
- File invoices
Human Resource Duties
- Co-ordinate recruitment e.g. advertising role, arranging interviews, gathering references, organising the necessary paperwork etc.
- Support with staff induction
- Manage personnel files, including annual leave/sickness records
- Book/co-ordinate staff training
Meetings /Event Management
- Book meeting/event rooms
- Manage logistics e.g. visual/IT, transport etc.
- Manage participant registration
- Take notes at meetings and events
- Provide support on projects as and when required
- Provide support on the member portal as and when required
- At least 3 years of strong experience of administration and developing and maintaining effective office systems and procedures.
- Strong, demonstrable working knowledge of ICT systems including MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and Social Media tools including Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong demonstrable written communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Strong demonstrable verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to prioritise, plan, organise work, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Methodical approach and strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic team player, with a commitment to providing a high-quality service
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
- Interest in social justice and equalities issues
Please send us a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your current CV to contact[at]mwnuk.co[dot]uk by midday on Tuesday 17th December 2019
Shortlisted individuals will be invited to attend a face to face interview. Likely to take place in January 2020
*Please note that in accordance with The Equality Act 2010 (Schedule 9, Part 1, Paragraph 1), this post is open to women only.