Purpose of the Job:
- To provide professional and effective advice and guidance to a broad range of service users of RMC.
- To assist/support the team and the management to meet the needs of the beneficiaries and achieve targets.
Working within the team
- To ensure the professional and organisational requirements are respected and met during the delivery of advice.
- To assist the senior colleagues in order to drive efficiency, quality, systems improvement and target achievement.
Casework and advice
- To offer advice, advocacy and support to service users with various aspects related to their welfare as requested by the management of RMC and funders’ requirements.
- To maintain confidentiality in all dealings with service users and ensure their needs are met in a satisfactory and sensitive manner.
- To provide appropriate support and mentoring to any volunteers under supervision.
- To represent RMC at external meetings and events when required by the senior colleagues.
- To maintain effective working relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- In order to deliver the stated aims of for this post, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties will fall within the scope of the job within the appropriate pay grade. The job description will, therefore, be subject to periodic review with the post holder to ensure it accurately reflects the duties that are being performed
- Experience of advice work dealing with asylum seekers, refugees and vulnerable migrants. Desirable. Thorough training will be provided for successful candidates.
- To be fluent in at least one A8 EU country language e.g. –Polish, Russian, Lithuanian, Romanian Essential
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly to distressed clients. Essential
- A proven high standard of communication skills, including written, oral, presentational and interpersonal skills. Essential
- Ability to produce high quality written work to a deadline, organisational skills and the ability to manage and prioritise a demanding workload. Essential.
- Commitment to equality and diversity. Essential.
- Strong commitment to work towards OISC regulation – Essential
- An ability to self-motivate and work independently. - Highly desirable
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment and sensitivity towards other cultures. Highly desirable.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent. Desirable
- A proven record of teamwork and flexibility. Desirable
- Excellent listening skills and ability to empathise as well as establish boundaries to avoid emotional over-involvement. Desirable