Deadline - 26th February 2020
- The delivery of Sport 4 Life UK’s Employer Encounters service and Social Action/ Work Experience projects for disadvantaged ‘In Learning’ and NEET, inactive and unemployed young people (11-29yrs old) within the community and educational setting.
- Recruit young people both internally and externally to S4L training services
- To timetable a schedule of qualifications and Social Action Projects that provide varied opportunities inclusive of, but not limited to geographical distribution, learning styles and abilities
- To achieve S4L’s retention targets around sign up, attendance and completion
- To support and deliver the S4L Training team sport aims and objectives
Main duties and responsibilities
- To recruit target young people within allocated areas of the community; parks and open spaces and other suitable environments
- To plan and facilitate Open Day recruitment events
- To Liaise with relevant partners to recruit external referrals
- To undertake S4L’s Intake & Assessment process with newly recruited young people
- To develop and implement effective marketing resources, present ideas and communicate solutions in order to secure internal and/or external referrals into Training service.
- To build strong links with local communities, local employers and external agencies promoting S4L services to maximise referrals within our target areas.
- To support and deliver weekly EET and/or NEET sport sessions following Sport Curriculum and S4L aims set out by Sports Coordinator
- To drive partnership work with local councils, community and voluntary organisations to ensure a wide variety of projects are sourced enabling both NEET and EET young people have a varied selection of social action projects and work experience projects to choose from
- To ensure the Social Action Projects have a clear and meaningful impact on the local community
- To ensure high quality and variety in social action opportunities that are youth lead, impactful and geographically relevant.
- To prepare and support young people in delivering Social Action Projects including; workshops, taster sessions and
- Develop and Co-ordinate the Social Action projects including role manual and resources for support staff, volunteers and young people.
- To secure planning and meeting spaces for the Social Action planning.
- Plan and organise a variety of Employer Encounter sessions to mixed learners within S4L target geographical areas and environments
- Employ a variety of delivery techniques including individual and group coaching, internally and/or externally led workshops, employer site visits and speed/mock interviews
- To ensure relationships with delivery partners i.e. corporate mock interview partners and/or workshop deliverers are reviewed for current relevance to S4L target young people
- To support the Head of Business Development and Operations Manager with continued relationship management and the development of future business opportunities with existing and new corporate and/or employability partners.
- To establish and maintain positive and supportive relationships with young people, whilst ensuring service capacity targets are achieved
Monitoring & Evaluation
- To record and track client progress and gather required monitoring data
- To input required data into S4L’s CRM system in a timely manner as per the S4L M&E process
- To adhere to the S4L’s M&E process inclusive of, but not exclusive to registers, intake and assessment data, all outcome data, client feedback, and partner feedback
- To support across both S4L Training and Mentoring services to achieve organisational wide aims
- To uphold and reflect S4L values and mission statement
- To analyse and evaluate personal performance and project performance
- To complete basic administrative duties
- To assist the Senior Operations Team with any other duties, as required
- To assist the Team Leader with any other duties, as required
Scope of Authority
- Accountable to their Line Manager
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect a range of duties the post-holder will perform. The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be changed in the light of experience and in consultation with the post-holder.
- Evidence of CPD in youth education sector
- A relevant Level 3 qualification and/or an Award in teaching i.e. AET, Learning and Development, IAG
- A teaching qualification or relevant degree in and/ or youth education i.e. PTLLS, DTLLS, Information, Advice and Guidance
- A relevant Level 4 qualification – i.e. in Learning & Development
Experience, Knowledge and skills in...
- 1+ year of working with 11-29 year old in learning and NEET young people
- Delivery of employability related services to groups of mixed learners
- Recruiting young people to youth programmes
- Working towards and achieving target based results
- Event organisation and management
- Current trends and issues that young people face
- Managing a caseload of young people
- The ability to prioritise work and effectively manage multiple overlapping projects
- Experience of delivering sports activities
- Delivery of employability mentoring
- Designing and managing campaigns and/or social action projects
- Understanding the differing cultural and economic background of local communities within the West Midlands
- A fully enhanced DBS disclosure
- Ability and confidence to work alone
- Passion for seeing community impact and change
- Ability to complete administrative tasks, and use computers (e.g. email, word processing)
- High levels of self-motivation, energy and determination
- A polite, professional appearance & manner
- Evidence of commitment S4L’s vision
- An interest in and passion for sport