Director of Services
Age UK's vision is to make the UK a great place to grow older. We do this by inspiring, supporting and enabling in a number of ways.
We are actively recruiting for a Director of Services to lead, manage and develop the charitable services’ functions of advice, dementia, friendship & social inclusion, care navigation/social prescribing and home support services. You will be an active member of the Senior Management Team and will contribute towards the strategic development and operational management of all areas of the organisation.
- Work with the CEO in providing leadership and direction in the development of a broad range of activities, whilst being consistent in our Strategic Plan, and promoting the organisation’s vision.
- Ensure the effective integration and implementation of the charitable services across Coventry and Warwickshire.
- Lead on key organisational projects or events.
- Manage the charitable services with a high level of customer focus.
- Drive a high quality and performing culture, responsive to the needs of the charity.
- Ensure compliance with the Information and Advice Quality Programme Standard by June 2020.
- Identify appropriate service contracts and opportunities for the charity, leading the tendering exercise for competitive contracts.
- Ensure consistency and best practice dissemination from all core navigation/social prescribing services within the charity.
Skills and Experience:
- A degree or equivalent experience of continuous professional development
- Experience of senior/strategic leadership within an organisation
- Experience of working with SORP and/or a not for profit organisation
- A proven track record of successfully developing high quality, cross-sector partnerships with a wide range of partnerships
- Experiences of successfully developing and leading a strong performance and outcome focussed culture
- A detailed working knowledge of either social care or the health care services
- Experience of managing major change and change programmes
- Ability to build effective teams and relationships and achieve results through others by leading, inspiring and motivating others
- The ability to work to quality assurance systems
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with partners, Board of Trustees and internal colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent communications skills
- Open and transparent
What we offer in return:
- 27 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension: 3% employer contribution
For more information regarding this post, please visit Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire's website. If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact: michaelgarrett[at]ageukcovwarks.org[dot]uk
Download an application pack from our website and return your completed application via email, to the Admin Team Leader: emma.stoney[at]ageukcovwarks.org[dot]uk
Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire do not accept CVs whether included with an application or sent speculatively from individuals or recruitment agencies, nor accept the fees associated with them. The decision to invite candidates for interview is based on the details completed in your application, so please make sure you complete all sections of the application form as fully as possible. There is no need to attach a CV to your application.