Director of Finance
Age UK's vision is to make the UK a great place to grow older. We do this by inspiring, supporting and enabling in a number of ways.
We are actively recruiting for a Director of Finance to effectively manage and develop financial resources in line with the organisation’s vision. You will directly manage the finance teams and ensure production of timely and high quality financial management information. You will also be responsible for all aspects of financial control and fraud prevention. The Director of Finance has specific responsibility for the operational function and strategic development of the organisation’s financial services. You will be an active member of the Senior Management Team and be expected to contribute to the strategic and operational management of all areas of the organisation.
- Ensure the organisation maximises its financial performance across the broad range of activities including long-term financial planning and a strategy for the Property Portfolio.
- Manage the finance services with a high level of customer focus and support managers with service development.
- Drive a high quality and performing culture, responsive to Board of Trustees’ needs.
- Embed effective systems and procedures creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Advise department/unit managers on financial matters including budget preparation and guidance as appropriate. Support service managers in the preparation of bids and contract negotiations.
Skills and Experience:
- A professional qualification and membership of an Accounting body
- A degree or equivalent experience of continuous professional development
- Experience of senior/strategic leadership within an organisation
- Experience of working with SORP and/or a not for profit organisation
- A proven track record of leading and inspiring diverse teams to high level of achievement and innovation
- A successful track record of initiating, leading and managing associated risks
- The ability to achieve change and results through influence, negotiation and collaboration
- Good knowledge of quality assurance systems and the organisational accreditation
- Committed to continuously improving service delivery
What we offer in return:
- 27 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension: 3% employer contribution
For more information regarding the details of this post, please visit Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire's website. If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact: michaelgarrett[at]ageukcovwarks.org[dot]uk
Download an application pack from our website and return your completed application via email, to the Admin Team Leader: emma.stoney[at]ageukcovwarks.org[dot]uk
Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire do not accept CVs whether included with an application or sent speculatively from individuals or recruitment agencies, nor accept the fees associated with them. The decision to invite candidates for interview is based on the details completed in your application, so please make sure you complete all sections of the application form as fully as possible. There is no need to attach a CV to your application.