Community Wellbeing Adviser
Gateway Family Services CIC is a leading provider of services to the health and social care sector. Our aim is to reduce inequalities in learning, employment and health.
Position Title: Community Wellbeing Adviser
Hours per week: 1 x 37 hrs and 1 x maternity cover for 12 months at 21 hrs
Salary: £18,873 (pro-rata for part-time)
Location: Solihull - based at The Core, with the expectation of extensive travel in and around Solihull
To improve the health and wellbeing of individuals in the local community by providing motivation, advice and practical support on a one to one and group basis as well as working closely with immediate and wider partners to promote the service and ensure those supported have full access to the range of services they need
The role will involve:
- Working on a one to one and group basis supporting service users to make positive lifestyle choices, using behaviour change principles to inform practice
- Delivery of the service at a range of venues across Solihull including home visits as appropriate
- Build and maintain links with other support agencies in Solihull to support cross working and client support
- Carry out NHS Health Checks at community and primary care venues for eligible Solihull residents
- Timely and accurate completion of service user records using database and relevant apps
Applicants should hold a Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent experience in a similar field.
Applicants for this post must be willing to work flexible hours that will be set around the needs of the organisation which will at times include evenings and weekends.
This post is subject to DBS disclosure as at times the post holders will come into contact with vulnerable people.
Application packs can be obtained by emailing Maxine Brown m.brown[at]gatewayfs[dot]org or by calling 0121 456 7820.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 5th January 2020. Interviews to commence week beginning the 13th January 2020. Completed application forms should be emailed to Maxine Brown as above.