West Midlands Giving Day - Friday 28th June 2019
West Midlands Giving Day is almost here!
West Midlands Giving Day, organised by West Midlands Combined Authority, takes place on Friday 28th June 2019. It’s one day for everyone in the West Midlands to come together to celebrate the giving to our fantastic local charities, community groups and good causes that already takes place in the other 364 days of the year. Businesses are being encouraged to give a little bit more because by giving a little bit, we can make a big difference.
Giving Day will take place the day before the Mayor’s Community Weekend; a weekend designed to celebrate diversity and bring communities together.
“There’s a lot of giving already taking place across the West Midlands with businesses and organisations doing huge amounts of excellent work”. Andy Street
What’s taking place on the day?
The following free activities are taking place on the day and are available for charity and voluntary sector organisations to get involved!
- Lloyds Bank Digital KnowHow session at The Rep Theatre: Digital KnowHow
- Giving Day Charity Masterclass at The Rep Theatre: Charity Masterclasses
Spaces are limited so don’t miss out and book your place!
Businesses across the West Midlands will be getting involved with some fun challenges to fundraise, so why not pop down and support on the day!
- City Cycle Challenge Birmingham (Millennium Point): https://www.birminghamhospice.org.uk/event/citycyclechallenge
- City Cycle Challenge Wolverhampton (Technology Park): https://www.comptoncare.org.uk/support-us/fundraising/events/city-cycle-challenge/
- City Quest organised by Love Brum: https://lovebrum.org.uk/event/lovebrum-city-quest/
- Professional Services Week – this is a campaign to demystify the professional services sector for the regions secondary school children. The week comprises a series of activities for schools including Business Walks (a series of workplace visits on one day), as well as Sector Insight Days and Pathways to Professional Services. Read more here http://www.professionalservicesweek.co.uk.
PLUS plenty of other activities being organised by individual firms on the day!
If your organisation wants to get involved and do something on the day then sign up here www.wmca.org.uk/givingday and you’ll receive a digital toolkit!
We look forward to celebrating Giving Day!