Tesco Bags of Help Funding COVID-19 Update
Bags of Help is Tesco’s local community grant scheme where the money raised from the carrier bag charge in Tesco stores is being used to fund thousands of community projects across the UK. The projects must meet the criteria of bringing benefits to the local community.
Any constituted group or organisation can apply including: schools, councils, charities, friends of groups and not for profit organisations etc.
There have been some changes in light of COVID-19.
- Tesco has decided that due to the current uncertainties around Covid-19, their Bags of Help (blue token voting scheme) has been suspended in stores until further notice.
- The fund is still open to new applicants. To apply for up to £2000 please visit https://tescobagsofhelp.org.uk/tesco-community-grants/
- Anyone who has applied and is waiting to hear if they have been selected to go to store vote will need to wait a bit longer
- Groundwork staff are available to support groups to apply for funding via email – wm.community[at]groundwork.org[dot]uk
- For more information, please visit Bags of Help Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions