Syrian Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme-Tender Opportunity
Syrian Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme (SVPRS)
What are we looking for?
Birmingham City Council is looking for a community venue to help establish a regular base for Syrian refugees to meet together, and for organisations such as the Council to meet with them. This would be at a set venue and on a set day each month. It would also include a day’s activity which would be fun, interesting and social, providing food and childcare for attendees.
The venue would need to be able to offer:
- Crèche /play area facilities/staffing
- Wheelchair friendly access
- Large function room or meeting space with perhaps 1 or 2 smaller meeting spaces available if needed
- Lunch to meet religious dietary requirements and refreshments
- The willingness for the host organisation to be recognised as a community base/venue for Syrian refugees
- Easy access on public transport particularly for those travelling from the Handsworth or Erdington areas
BCC would also like to work in partnership with the host venue/organisation to include the following in the monthly sessions:
- A BCC and provider panel for Q&A about the services being provided through the scheme, which could operate as an informal “clinic”
- A morning or afternoon session for organisations and groups to pitch and develop ideas and projects with refugees, which might be submitted to the SVPRS Grants Fund. This could be a mixture of workshop type activity or on a pitch and voting basis (Dragons Den).
- Tasters from orgs making bids to the SVPRS Grants Fund – as part of the pitch or co-production work.
- Invite organisations to run drop-in surgeries or clinics to help refugees form their own groups, organisations and activities.
What is the value?
Up to £10,000 per annum is available, which would equate to approximately £830 per day, per month.
Who could apply?
Community or faith-based organisations with venues located to or accessible from Handsworth or Erdington could apply for this opportunity.
If you are interested in supporting this opportunity, please provide a proposal including a breakdown of costs to natasha.bhandal[at]birmingham.gov[dot]uk by 20th March 2019
If you have any questions, please contact Natasha.bhandal[at]birmingham.gov[dot]uk Tel: 07864 929814 or iram.choudry[at]birmingham.gov[dot]uk Tel: 0121 303 3291