High Intensity User Service Launch Event and Training Session
The Sandwell and West Birmingham High-Intensity User Service provided by British Red Cross is now in place and we would like to invite voluntary sector colleagues to our HIU Service Launch and Training event on 4th November 2019, at YMCA West Bromwich.
The session will be facilitated by Rhian Montieth who founded the programme in Blackpool and Julia Munro from the British Red Cross. It will provide an opportunity to meet the team and for learning and networking to embed the service in the local health and social care system.
The service is part of a national programme, led by NHS RightCare, that offers a robust way of reducing frequent user activity, primarily A&E attendance and non-elective admissions, but also other avoidable unscheduled care contacts. The programme was first launched in Blackpool by Rhian Monteith, who will be leading the event and explaining the benefits of it.
The day will be an opportunity to bring the system together to learn about High-Intensity Users and how we can best work together to make the service a success. The event will include:
• The national context for the High-Intensity User Programme
• Hearing from British Red Cross (as providers of the new HIU service), commissioners, statutory partners and the wider group on the current challenges and opportunities.
• Drawing out insights from existing HIU services; sharing case studies, techniques, results and lessons learned.
• Setting the vision for the new model: including expectations, KPIs, perceived benefits and barriers.
• Uncovering and discussing culture in the area; agreeing how best to embed the new model.
There is no desire to duplicate existing good practice, there is only a desire to best support some of our must vulnerable residents to access the right support at the right time and to improve their health and wellbeing.
The event will take place as follows:
Date: Monday 4th November 2019
Timings: 9.30 am to 4 pm
Venue: YMCA, 38 Carters Green, West Bromwich, B70 9LG.
Lunch will be provided.
Further details of the programme on the day, can be viewed here.