BVSC COVID-19 statement
At BVSC the health and safety of all staff and visitors to our building is our top priority. Like many businesses in the UK, we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and the information provided by Public Health England (PHE). We wanted to update you on the actions we are taking to respond to COVID-19, on an on-going basis we are assessing the risk, monitoring PHE advice and taking appropriate action.
What are BVSC doing?
In line with PHE guidance, we have increased the level of cleaning and hygiene at our premises:
- Increased frequency of cleaning to sanitise all high use areas such as door handles, bannisters, reception desk, tables and all hard surfaces used in and around the building.
- Signs within the building reminding everyone to wash their hands when using the toilets, coming in and out of the building and before and after consuming food.
As a member of staff or visitor, how can you help?
- BVSC visitors and staff are encouraged to help reduce the spread of illness through good personal hygiene. This includes frequent hand-washing during your visits and covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- We also kindly request that you familiarise yourself with the latest guidance from PHE and do not visit BVSC if you are displaying symptoms of COVID 19 and are advised to self-isolate.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely, adapt our plans as necessary, and keep you updated on any changes, which include planning for a number of contingencies that may arise in this rapidly evolving situation.
We thank you for your co-operation.
- CBI Coronavirus support hub
- UK government: Overview of COVID-19
- UK government: COVID-19: guidance for employers and businesses
- ACAS: Coronavirus: advice for employers and employees
- CIPD: How employers should respond to Coronavirus