BVSC announces Annual General Meeting
Birmingham Voluntary Service Council’s Directors and Board of Trustees are pleased to invite you to BVSC’s Annual General Meeting which will take place on Thursday 25 January from 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm at The Centre for Voluntary Action, 138 Digbeth B5 6DR.
At the AGM BVSC’s Chief Executive Brian Carr will reflect on recent economic challenges that have been experienced by the sector (and BVSC!) and outline changes BVSC is introducing in order to steer the organisation towards a more sustainable future. Brian recently shared his thoughts in a blog post entitled Austerity and change: steering through choppy waters which you can read on Update Online.
Throughout 2017 we took the first steps towards strengthening the organisation by updating our digital communications, reviewing and updating our internal processes, and expanding our services, for example:
- We launched a fresh new BVSC website which is easier to navigate and contains some exciting new features and functionality. Have you discovered our Community Noticeboard?
- In the summer our longstanding magazine Update switched from print to digital, and became Update Online;
- We established #BrumCharityHour a Twitter ‘social’ for charities. Join us every Thursday at noon;
- We launched a brand new enterprise, BVSC Business Solutions, offering our internal back-office expertise – HR, Payroll and Finance – as a commercial service to organisations and businesses;
- BVSC Conferencing invested in state-of-the-art booking software which has streamlined the team’s internal processes, and enhanced the customer journey;
- We expanded our Training Programme to meet the needs of our members, introducing regular GDPR workshops to prepare members for major changes to Data legislation coming into force in May 2018
What’s new in 2018?
- A new style for our weekly e-bulletin. Watch this space!
- A major cleanse of our Directory. Please look out for an email from us requesting you to update your data!
- A new website service. If you need a website building, please get in touch. Email websites[at]bvsc[dot]org.
- Digital marketing consultancy for not-for profits - fusing our growing expertise in this area with our knowledge and connections in the sector.
- New Safeguarding courses - Safeguarding Adults and Safeguarding Children - specifically aimed at managers and leads of organisations.
If you would like to come along to the AGM to find out more about BVSC’s plans for the future and to meet our Trustee Board, Management Team and staff, please book a place by clicking the link below. Everyone is welcome!
The Annual Accounts Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31 March 2017 is available to download here (opens as a pdf).