National Careers Service
Do you need help with planning your career? Do you want to find out about training and employment opportunities?
The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. Our expert advisers are knowledgeable, enthusiastic and impartial, and they will help to empower you to make your own career and learning choices.
What we can do to support you!
We can help you:
- develop your CV
- search and apply for jobs
- understand the job market
- search for courses and training schemes
- source and match you to volunteer opportunities
- find funding to support any learning
- think of ways to get ahead in your current job
- identify your key strengths and skills
- explore your career options
- develop an action plan to help you achieve your goals
Free face-to-face advice sessions are available to anyone aged 19 or over (18 or over if you're a Jobcentre Plus customer).
We can also offer group session advice for any organisations wishing to refer their clients. For further information contact Jacqui Mulligan, email jacquim[at]bvsc[dot]org.
Booking an appointment
To make an appointment to meet one of our friendly careers advisers drop into our Volunteer Centre in Digbeth, or contact us on 0121 678 8845.
Find out more about the service on the National Careers Service website.
Interviews take place at BVSC, 138 Digbeth, Birmingham B5 6DR. Find BVSC