Understanding Complex Trauma
The impact of early and multiple traumatic experience has become increasingly recognised. This day explores how early trauma, such as emotional, physical and sexual abuse, influences the developing child’s personality and their coping strategies into adulthood.
The course will aid understanding of how to support people who are diagnosed with Personality Disorders, and comorbid presentations such as anxiety, depression and polysubstance use.
The course will cover:
- Developing an understanding of how Complex Trauma is defined
- Exploring types of traumatic experience
- The impact of Complex Trauma on a person's emotional and psychological wellbeing
- The physiological, neurobiological and emotional processes underpinning Complex Trauma
- The relationship between Personality Disorders, substance use and Complex Trauma
- Practical skills for working with individuals who have experienced Complex Trauma