Smartphone photography and video
This full-day practical course will help you create professional photographs and videos, to tell stories with impact, using the smartphone in your pocket.
- what your smartphone is doing when it takes photos and videos
- how you can take creative control of your smartphone to produce better images
- how to develop your photographer’s eye to create interesting compositions
- why planning your shots in advance and knowing your location is important
- how to overcome difficult photography situations
- what techniques and optional budget equipment can improve the quality of your work
- how to edit your images to create impact either in print or on screen
Course Trainer - Thomas Kavanagh
Thomas Kavanagh is a documentary photographer and videographer based in the West Midlands. He is also a learning and development professional with over 13 years experience of delivering fun and engaging classroom training, most recently working for the Big Lottery Fund in Birmingham.
Read Thomas's latest blog post here
All attendees must bring a smartphone with plenty of space on it for photographs and videos. Please charge your smartphone in advance and bring your charger if you need to top-up during the day.
In advance of the session please download Adobe Photoshop Express and Adobe Premiere Clip in order to edit your photos and videos on the day. These are both free applications, available on android and iPhone.
Please note, once you have downloaded these apps will need to create a free Adobe ID in order to sign into them and make them work.
If you have any problems downloading the applications we can support this on the day.