Level 3 Award in Blended and Online Learning Delivery
This course is designed to help those who work or want to work as teachers/trainers to further develop their understanding of Blended Learning which is the combination of online and face to face teaching. This course is ideal for teachers/trainers in the further education, skills and voluntary sectors. Candidates who are volunteer teachers or who may have just started teaching/training would also benefit from this 2 week online course. This course is accredited by OCN.
- Online Only
- 6 week Duration
- Online provision with tutor delivery and contact-time.
- Wednesday and Thursdays
- Both days 10:00am start - 1:00 pm (3hours)
You will also need to commit to 4 hours of independent study every Friday which will involve :
- Working with our student portal, Moodle
Approx. 10 hours in total including self-study
You will cover the following units:
- Designing blended online learning
- Engaging learners in active blended and online Learning
- Preparing strategies for delivery of blended and online learning
- Working at L2 in English
- You should have sound basic IT skills (operation of word processing and presentation software and the ability to use a web browser for searches)
- You will need to have a webcam, microphone and speaker installed within, or attached, to your computer to allow interaction during the virtual lessons.
- This course is funded by the West Midlands Combined Authority and is therefore only available to people residing in certain areas of the West Midlands. If you are unsure if you are eligible or not to apply please contact admissions[at]fircroft.ac[dot]uk along with your postcode.
This award can offer additional skills to those working in adult and further education and intending to offer online learning to students.
You may go onto teaching in further or higher education or to study online learning delivery at a higher level.
The qualification allows candidates to progress into employment as teachers/trainers, as well as to the following qualifications (dependent on provider entry requirements):
- Certificate in Education and Training Diploma in Education and Training
- Certain Learning and Development
- Assessment Quality Assurance
- Learning Support Practitioners qualifications
This course may be free OR you may need to pay between £75 - £150 depending on your circumstances