Getting to Grips with GDPR and Data Protection
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is now in force. Organisations, including small charities, are now expected to comply with stricter data protection rules. This course will teach you how to fulfil these obligations.
- Individuals have greater rights over their data.
- There are stricter rules on obtaining consent, which must be freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous.
- Organisations need more detailed privacy notices and must tell individuals the legal basis for processing their information and how long they will keep data.
- Organisations must be more accountable, demonstrate compliance and report data protection breaches.
- The maximum fine has increased to £17 million in case of a breach.
You will learn about:
- What is lawful consent and how to obtain this
- The rules for processing personal data
- What to include in a privacy notice
- Managing and protecting employee and client records
- How long you are allowed to keep data
- How to protect data when you work from home
- When monitoring by CCTV and other methods is allowed
- Individuals’ rights over their data
- When you should report a data breach
- The rules on data sharing and using a Data Processor