Diabetes Awareness Event
Tony Kelly a diabetes community champion for Diabetes UK will be holding an awareness session at Albion Court Care home. Open to the public and free to attend for anyone who is affected by diabetes or simply would like to know more. Get your questions answered and receive goody bags packed with information on living with, managing/controlling and preventing diabetes. Learn the facts to make informed lifestyle choices regarding exercise and diet.
- Are you or anyone you know at risk or have diabetes?
- What is diabetes and what are the 4 main symptoms?
- Why do some people refer to diabetes as 'sugar'?
- What are the main complications associated with diabetes?
- What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- Is there a cure for diabetes?
- Why are some ethnic groups at a higher risk of developing diabetes?
Receive goody bags packed with information on living with, managing/controlling and preventing diabetes.