Counselling Skills for Non-Counsellors - Macmillan Relate Service
Counselling Skills for Non-Counsellors
This one day workshop provides an excellent introduction to counselling skills for anyone working or volunteering in cancer services. It is widely applicable to many professionals and volunteers who listen to people and provide help and support including appropriate signposting.
- Listening and understanding needs
- Reflecting and summarising
- Responding with empathy
- The process of change and loss.
- Exploring the importance of self-awareness when using counselling skills in the helping relationship
- Confidentiality, working safely and setting boundaries
This full day of training is free to attend and delivered as part of the Macmillan Service at Relate Birmingham. Our partnership service provides free counselling to people affected by cancer (e.g. patients and their families) across Birmingham, Solihull, the Black Country and South Staffordshire. We also provide free training and workshops for professionals/volunteers and people affected by cancer.
To book on, please contact: Relate Birmingham
T: 0121 643 1638