Award in Education and Training Level 3
This course is for people who work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector. It is also ideal for those who have just started a teaching/training role. This is a 3-week online course accredited by City and Guilds.
- Online only
- 3-week duration
- Online provision with tutor delivery and contact time.
- 24 hrs tutor contact and online delivery each week
- Tuesday and Wednesday each week - 2 sessions each day – morning and afternoon
- You will also need to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week of independent study
- Level 3
- City and Guilds
This course covers the following units:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Working at L2 in English.
- You will be expected to complete a maths and English initial assessment and to complete an ICT self-assessment prior to starting the course
- You will also need to have basic IT skills, access to a computer and WiFi
- You will need to have a webcam, microphone and speaker installed within, or attached, to your computer to allow interaction during the virtual lessons
- These courses are funded by the West Midlands Combined Authority and are therefore only available to people within some parts of the West Midlands. If you are unsure if you are eligible or not to apply please contact admissions[at]fircroft.ac[dot]uk with your postcode.
The qualification allows you to progress into employment as a teacher/trainer (dependent on employer entry requirements) as well as applying for the following qualifications:
- Certificate in Education and Training Diploma in Education and Training
- Certain Learning and Development /Assessment and Quality
- Assurance/Learning Support Practitioners qualifications
This course may be free
You may need to pay between £75 - £150 depending on your circumstances
For more information, please email our Admissions team at admissions[at]fircroft.ac[dot]uk
Dates and times maybe subject to change.