ABC Level 2 Award in Youth Work Practice
This is course is delivered over 8 sessions and is an introduction to working with young people. It is aimed at youth workers working in the statutory and voluntary youth services. We also include one tutorial in this programme.
- Atkin Associates and Youth Focus West Midlands are delighted to be able to offer a Level 2 Youth Work Award, for youth workers in Birmingham as part of the Government-funded Youth Work Bursary programme. The course will include 8 training sessions and a tutorial.
- The course is designed to give you both an understanding of key youth work theory and principles, as well as practical skills to enable you to work more effectively with young people
- The course is recognised by the National Youth Agency and qualifies you as an assistant youth support worker
- The course is open to anyone over the age of 16 who is working or volunteering on a regular basis in a youth work setting
- Training will take place in Birmingham – venue to be confirmed Tuesdays 12.30-3.30pm
- The course is delivered over 8 sessions and one tutorial session
- The course is assessed and you will create a portfolio of work to achieve the qualification
To be eligible for the course you must be working regularly in a youth work setting and there are a limited number of free places, funded by DCMS Youth Work Bursary fund. There are limited places on the course, and we will treat all applicants who meet the criteria on a first-come, first-served basis.