Medical Detection Dogs require a national network of speakers to help promote awareness of the charity, the work we do and the life-changing difference our assistance alert dogs can make. As well as promoting the charity, speakers help raise much-needed funds and encourage others to fundraise in various ways, for example by leaving a legacy in their will or organising a fundraising/sponsored event on our behalf. This is invaluable as Medical Detection Dogs rely totally on the generosity of individuals and organisations.
What does the role involve?
- You can attend as many or as few talks as you wish
- Give talks/presentations as requested
- We welcome and encourage you to contact local organisations and organise your own talks
- Keep up to date with news and information
- You will need to contact your motor insurer to make them aware you are a volunteer for Medical Detection Dogs
What skills or experience are required?
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, organised, confident and motivated
Benefits for you
- Become a valued and integral part of Medical Detection Dogs
- Meet new people and have fun
- An opportunity to show your enthusiasm for volunteering
Support and Training
- Induction process
- Payment of out of pocket expenses
- Invitation to an awareness/speaker training day which will give you the opportunity to meet other speakers, staff and receive up to date information, training, tips on addressing audiences and sharing ideas
- We have produced materials to support our speakers
- You will receive up to date information and stories to help keep your talk relevant and up to date.