0121 437 0033
Volunteers with handyman skills needed
- To carry out the work of the Handyfix scheme as allocated by the Administrator and Co-ordinator.
- To undertake home safe assessments/ Home energy checks, identify work required, complete tasks or to refer on to the Trustworthy Trader list as appropriate.
- To acquire equipment, arrange storage, security and maintenance of equipment as appropriate.
- Undertake a wide range of general maintenance and repairs, including but not limited to, carpentry, joinery, tiling, decorating, small electrical work, gardening including lawn cutting and small hedge cutting.
- Assist in the movement and or assembly of furniture
- Operate and maintain a variety of DIY electrical equipment/Tools, whether supplied by Age UK Birmingham/ Sandwell or self-owned, in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations
- To assist the administrator and coordinator in carrying out client surveys and any other quality assurance processes as required by the Organisation.
- To adhere to Age UK Birmingham/ Sandwell policies and procedures.
- Age UK Birmingham/ Sandwell is committed to equal opportunities, principles and practice.
- All volunteers, in their particular roles and working collaboratively, will be expected to pursue the aims and objectives of Age UK Birmingham/ Sandwell set out in the overall strategic plan of the Organisation.
- All volunteers will participate in the supervision and appraisal systems adopted by the Organisation.
- Age UK Birmingham/ Sandwell in its commitment to volunteers and organisational development will identify training needs and will expect and encourage the involvement of all staff in meeting them appropriately.