Volunteer Crisis Cafe Reception Assistant
Volunteer Crisis Café Reception Assistant
(Erdington & Handsworth)
About Birmingham Mind:
Birmingham Mind is a Registered Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee, established in 1962. We specialise in supporting people with mental health difficulties from low-level prevention services to highly supported services for people with complex needs.
The Crisis Café is a service that aims to support people experiencing a crisis in their mental health by providing advice, guidance and emotional support as well as supporting individual’s to access long term support when needed.
This service operates from 6 pm – 11 pm and we are currently seeking volunteers to help support staff by welcoming individuals into the service, acting as front of house and providing emotional support.
The role is currently available
5:30 pm -11 pm in the Erdington Area from Thursday – Sunday
5:30 pm -11 pm in the Handsworth Area from Wednesday – Friday.
- To welcome individuals into the service and carry out any reception tasks
- To provide a welcoming and supportive environment for those seeking support
- To inform staff immediately of any issues or concerns related to safeguarding or risk.
- To provide encouragement and emotional support to individuals in crisis
- To provide signposting and other relevant information alongside staff.
- To assist staff in the preparation and tidying of room space.
- Good communication skills
- Ability emphasis with individuals experiencing difficulties in their mental health.
- A non-judgemental approach
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Reliable and punctual
Volunteers for this role are requested to volunteer from 5:30 pm – 11 pm. Taxi fares can be reimbursed for volunteers travelling home if required.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this volunteering position or any other voluntary position with Birmingham Mind then please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Eamon Reynolds:
Telephone: 0121 608 8001
Birmingham Mind is a Registered Charity. We support up to 5000 people experiencing mental health difficulties at any one time. We have a range of residential care homes, supported housing, day services, outreach services and prevention services. We also deliver workplace wellbeing training.
Birmingham Mind is affiliated to National Mind.
Charity Number: 1003906
Our Vision is: Better Mental Health for All
Our Values are:
- Respect: Respect for the individual
- Partnerships: By working together we are more effective and inclusive
- Recovery: enabling each individual’s unique and personal recovery journey wherever and whenever we can
- Wellbeing: Actively working to educate and encourage people to look after their mental, emotional and physical wellbeing
- Prevention: building resilience and challenging stigma in and across communities
Birmingham Mind’s Vision and Values apply not only to all our service provision but also to how we treat each other and how we are as an employer.