Vélo Birmingham & Midlands - 20th and 21st June 2020
Vélo Birmingham & Midlands is coming back in 2020, and on 21st June thousands of riders will take on the 100 mile closed road challenge starting and finishing in the heart of Birmingham City Centre!
In order to make this a great day out for the riders, we need your help and we hope that you would like to join the team!
The volunteer registration is now open, and you can find the registration form at the Velo Birmingham website
We need volunteers for both Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st in a variety of roles. Please see below for more detail. The roles will be split into shifts (morning or afternoon/evening), so please make sure you have a look at the times detailed on the registration form. Of course, if you want to stay all day or volunteer on both Saturday and Sunday, you are more than welcome to do so! Please just select multiple jobs on the form when registering.
Meet & Greet (Saturday only)
- Assist riders with finding their way to the event village and rider registration venue. Greet riders, and assist with rider numbers and finding the correct registration desk in the venue.
Registration (Saturday only)
- Register participants, and provide them with their rider packs, goody bags and best wishes for the following day.
Help Desk (Saturday & Sunday)
- Assist riders and general public with questions and queries.
Bag Drop (Saturday & Sunday)
- Assist with receiving, tagging and storing rider bags before the event. Ensure their swift return to the correct participant as they finish the ride.
Start Pens (Sunday only)
- Assist with the start process on the morning of the event. Help manage the riders as they enter the start pens, and before they are released onto the route.
Finish/Rewards (Sunday only)
- Assist with setting up the rewards area, managing the finish process and hand out the well-earned goodies and, most importantly, the medal to the finishers.
Route (Sunday only)
Pit stop locations are still being finalised, so if you are interested in volunteering for this please select the ‘Pit Stop (on route) – Sunday’ shift.
More information will then be provided when final locations are confirmed and released.
The volunteer registration is now open, and you can find the registration form at the Velo Birmingham Website.
If you are part of a group that would like to volunteer at the event, please get in touch with our volunteer team directly.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We hope to see you at Vélo Birmingham & Midlands 2020!