Rainbow Pooch Pride seeking LGBTQIA+ committee member
- Believe in creating community?
- Passionate about improving the lives of LGBTQIA+ individuals?
- Committed to creating opportunities for positive physical, emotional and mental wellbeing?
- Love dogs?
- Have a dog?
- Identify as LGBTQIA+?
THEN RAINBOW POOCH PRIDE NEEDS YOU!
Following successful funding from Ageing Better in Birmingham and The National Lottery Community Fund we invite individuals to join our board of committee members. Committee members will meet four times a year (including one Annual General Meeting) at a central Birmingham location. As part of our commitment to diversity, we also welcome applicants who wish to commit via a virtual presence at meetings. Committee members will be responsible for the both the safeguarding and direction of our activities and may chose to step down from their responsibilities at any time.
Committee membership is open to anyone who: is aged 16 years old plus; lives in Birmingham or the surrounding area; identifies as LGBTQIA+; supports the aims of Rainbow Pooch Pride. Read our vision, mission and aims to see if this could be you!
To bring the LGBTQIA+ community together through the love of dogs
To champion dogs as emotional support animals and acknowledge them in positive service to LGBTQIA+ lives.
1. To coordinate and provide dog-friendly social events, activities and media for the LGBTQIA+ community that:
- reduce social isolation
- promote social contact
- increase mental, emotional and physical wellbeing
- build social confidence
- increase networking opportunities
- foster understanding between people from diverse sexual and gender orientations
- improve inclusion and participation in the wider society
- provide signposting opportunities to other service providers
2. To educate LGBTQIA+ individuals in dog welfare and responsible dog ownership, improving the health and safety of the LGBTQIA+ community and wider public.
3. To coordinate a thriving network of volunteers that positively supports and develops the capacity and skills of LGBTQIA+ individuals.
Make an application:
Interested applicants should email Gina at ginabiggs[at]gmail[dot]com, or via Facebook messenger at Rainbow Pooch Pride, expressing their interest with a short statement that shares their reason for wanting to join. Call 07812 398361 for more details. We will get back to applicants by 31 August 2019.