PDSA Volunteer Retail Customer Service Assistant - Various Locations
Do you want to develop fantastic retail skills for your CV whilst working in an amazing team in a friendly environment?
PDSA provides low cost and free veterinary care to the sick and injured pets of people in need. Our charity shops help us raise the money we need to provide this vital treatment. Every PDSA shop needs an amazing team of volunteers to make it a success and we’re on the lookout for people to join us.
As a Volunteer Customer Service Assistant in one of our shops, you will be the face of PDSA. You will make sure that our customers receive a warm welcome and help us to achieve our ambition of delivering the best customer service of any UK charity. You will also be helping us to exceed our income targets.
This job offers the chance to work flexible hours that suit you – even just a few hours a week would be great. We have many PDSA shops in the Birmingham area which need your help. These include; Erdington, Harborne, Kings Heath, Kingstanding, Rubery, Sheldon, Solihull, Shirley, Nuneaton, Acock's Green, Coventry Walsgrave and Stourbridge.
- Acknowledge and greet customers on the shop floor.
- Be responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Advise and assist customer on their purchases whilst promoting sales opportunities.
- Check all public areas are clean and safe, and ensure housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Receive and acknowledge customer donations.
What skills do I need?
- Are you a team player?
- Do you enjoy building relationships with people?
- Will you go the extra mile when it comes to customer service?
If the answer is yes, we’d love to hear from you. We provide training, so you don’t need experience – and we reimburse travel expenses so you won’t be out of pocket. Volunteers must be aged 18+.
To apply, please visit our website: https://www.pdsa.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer