Minute Taker (trustees/management meetings)
Castle Bromich Historic Gardens need someone/people to take formal minutes at their charity Trustee and management committee meetings. Meetings take place in Castle Bromwich quarterly /monthly. A great way to understand how charities and voluntary sector is governed. A very valued role for us.
Role Description (possibly 2 people to share)
Reports to: Office and Volunteering Manager. Based: Castle Bromwich Hall Gardens, Chester Road, Castle Bromwich. Birmingham B36 9BT
- Trustee meetings quarterly (or more), Management Meetings monthly
- All meetings in this role take place in the early evening, usually 10-12 am (Management ) or 6- 8 pm (Trustees).
- Typing up, approvals and circulation can be done off-site or, if preferred, at the Garden’s premises during office hours
This is a vital and interesting role supporting the Trustees and the Management Group to run the charity efficiently, especially at the current time when we are going through change and expansion.
It is an opportunity for the volunteer to learn more skills, as well as increasing their practical understanding of how Charities and heritage organisations work in practice.
This role expects some experience of minute taking or accurate note-taking. Support will be provided. Initially, the role is for minute taking and typing up. The volunteer may wish to expand this role at a later date to the preparation of the agenda and papers. This is not required at this point.
- Take accurate and thorough minutes during meetings
- Type updraft minutes promptly after the meeting and circulate to all relevant stakeholders
- Promptly verify and clarify any information you are unsure of within the minutes
Your key skills
- Good experience of taking minutes accurately and quickly
- Reliable and punctual
- Familiar with working confidentially
- Strong IT and typing skills
- Good listening skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to be flexible; able to respond reasonably to short-notice meetings
- Able to type up the minutes to an agreed deadline
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 4 months
- Adhere to any appropriate Trust and Charity Commission policies and expectations
- Undertake a full induction and training
Boundaries of the role:
- Volunteers must keep all information strictly confidential.
- Volunteers should adhere to all health and safety and safeguarding policies whilst on site.
- Notify Office Manager/Chair of Trustees within a reasonable time frame if unable to attend.
In return for your time, dedication, enthusiasm and skills the Trust offers you:
- Learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive induction
- Regular supervision, support and feedback
- Valuable work experience with a hard-working and beautiful Heritage Charity
- Social events for volunteers
- Travel expenses (reasonable)
Please contact the Gardens to find out more or to express your interest in the role
0121 749 4100, admin[at]cbhgt.org[dot]uk