Migrant Voice Communications and community support volunteer
Use your media/communications skills or community support skills to further our work to ensure migrants have a voice.
You will be supporting our Communications worker and/or Community Worker to get migrant’s stories told effectively.
- Working with our Communications and/or Community worker
- Working with migrants and refugees in small groups and one-one to support them to tell their own stories in articles, videos, social media, photos, etc.
- Support the practical delivery of activities including help organising network meetings and drop in sessions, outreach, administration, evaluation etc.
- Supporting our Community Worker with engaging migrants in our media campaigns
The volunteer will work closely with the staff team and other volunteers.
- Strong skills in one or more of these areas of media: social media, photography, blogs, radio, podcasts, articles, etc. OR strong community support skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of the key issues that affect migrants and refugees
- Experience working as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good computer skills
Location: this post is based in the West Midlands, primarily at our office in Birmingham, but some activities may take place in Coventry and Wolverhampton.
Volunteering hours: 1 day per week – or as agreed with the staff team
Duration: Minimum commitment of 3 months with the possibility of an extension or renewal (this position could be suitable for a work placement or internship)
How to apply: Interested applicants need to send in their CV and a cover letter explaining why they are the right volunteer for this position. Send to adam[at]migrantvoice[dot]org
You can also email us to request further information. If shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an informal interview.