Fierce Festival Volunteer
Are you enthusiastic, reliable and passionate about the Arts? Do you want to be involved in one of the UK’s most exciting, diverse and daring displays of Live Art in 2019? If so, Fierce needs you! We are recruiting a dedicated team of reliable volunteers to ensure the smooth running of the best Arts Festival the midlands has to offer!
Fierce is one of the UK’s most respected festivals of Live Art & the leading organisation for Live Art in the West Midlands. It has an international reputation for agenda-setting curation & intelligent commissioning that has seen Fierce commissions tour worldwide. The festival embraces theatre, dance, music, installations, activism, digital practices and parties. Fierce fills the city with performances in theatres, galleries and other out-of-the-ordinary spaces.
Fierce runs from 15-20th October 2019.
- Networking with other like-minded creatives based locally and internationally
- First-hand experience helping run a festival building upon skills required to make performances and events happen
- General customer service and marketing experience
- Voluntary work looks excellent on a CV, and the role will help build on skills that are desirable to employers & other organisations
- Concession/FREE tickets to festival events!
What is the Role?
- Greet - representing the Fierce brand as the main point of contact with the public, meeting and greeting audience members at installations, performances and off-site projects. This will vary for different events.
- Inform - providing information about the festival, programme and the city throughout the festival
- Promote - supporting the marketing team in the run-up to the festival which may include distributing brochures, documentation, social media etc.
- Support - supporting the production team. This may involve moving equipment, furniture, running errands, etc.
Please fill out the application form following the link: https://forms.gle/yVppPR7w5M6aJNcD8
Please contact colleen[at]wearefierce[dot]org with any questions!