Female Volunteer Caseworker roles available at Anawim!
Anawim has been a registered charity since 1986 where it has evolved to our current work supporting vulnerable women with multiple and complex needs. The support we provide includes help with: domestic abuse, sexual violence, addictions, children, the criminal justice system, mental health etc.
We are looking to recruit volunteers to support our women on their recovery journey. This role will come with extensive training to equip you to provide high-quality support. This role will give you direct experience of supporting women one on one and managing your own workload. This role would suit students training to be: midwives, social workers, health visitors, social case, and addiction workers; but will also suit those working or retired who want to give back. This role will offer a unique opportunity to support a woman as she rebuilds her life.
This opportunity will require a mandatory minimum commitment of six hours a week for six months. Placements will be considered but students must be willing to commit for 6 months even if this is over their placement hours.
Specific tasks that you might perform in this role include:
- Assessing clients for support
- Completing risk assessments
- Providing emotional support
- Helping clients to complete forms
- Supporting women to appointments in the community
- Helping women to attend courses
- Shadowing caseworker to client and multiagency meetings
- Writing up client contact notes
- Liaising with other professionals in a multi-agency setting
- Providing safety advice
At Anawim we are committed to volunteer development and in recognition of this were recently rewarded the Investing in Volunteers award. We will train you and also help you to access more community training to improve your skills. This role will improve your employment prospects and give you an insight into working with women who have multiple and complex needs.
What we are Looking For
As this is a role that will have you working independently with vulnerable women we are looking for the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and also to contribute as part of a team
- Friendly and non-judgemental
- Willingness and ability to be flexible
- Ability to get on well with a wide variety of people
This is ideal for someone looking to pursue a career in this field, or for someone who would like to gain experience and would like to support in their community
If this sounds like you, please get in touch!
We will be holding a coffee morning and evening in the New Year to answer any questions and give more information so please register your interest by contacting our Volunteer Coordinator at hannahpapachristophorou[at]anawim.co[dot]uk