Conference Centre Volunteer
About the Chris Bryant Centre
The Chris Bryant Centre (CBC) is a social enterprise conferencing venue that can accommodate meetings for 1-200 people. Our rooms and facilities are suitable for almost any event from interviews, board meetings to parties, weddings and conferences as well as exhibitions. Owned and managed by YMCA Birmingham, The Chris Bryant centre is a not- for profit social enterprise so our clients can be secure in the knowledge that when they spend with us the profit we make goes back straight into the development of new opportunities for communities and young people in Birmingham. In addition, we work in partnership with several projects to enable young people or those from disadvantaged areas and backgrounds to get back on to the path of employment or to rebuild their confidence as well as hosting work experience placements with a number of schools and colleges in Birmingham.
The role will involve: Meet & Greet with clients and visitors; advising of H&S protocols, operating the organisation’s switchboard ; assisting staff with administration duties; fully setting up and clearing out meeting rooms including handling and moving furniture; preparing, replenishing and delivering of refreshments; ensuring meeting rooms as well as the interior and exterior of the conferencing centre is kept tidy, clean and presents a professional image. Opportunities are also available at our Northfield Training facility.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for friendly and approachable people with the following skills and knowledge:
- Ability to work as part of a team; under pressure and to timelines
- A good level of numeracy and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, initiative, commitment, reliability and confidence
- Some knowledge of MS Programmes
- Some knowledge of Health and Safety
But don’t worry if you can’t tick all the above we are happy to help you to develop your soft skills ready for entering or re-entering the world of work.
Volunteer hours available are:
We offer volunteer shifts in blocks of 2 hours which are usually to suit the operational hours of the business. Further discussions around availability will be discussed at informal chat prior to you beginning your volunteering with us.
- Mondays 08:00am-10:00am and 18:00pm-20:00pm
- Tuesdays 08:00am-10:00am, 17:00pm-19:00pm and 19:00pm -21:00pm
- Wednesdays 08:00-10:00am, and 16:00-18:00pm
- Thursdays 08:00am-10:00am and 16:00pm-18:00pm
- Fridays 08:00am-10:00am and 16:00-18:00pm
- Saturday Shifts available depending on bookings in the conferencing centre.
- Sunday Shifts available depending on bookings in the conferencing centre.