Desired volunteer attributes:
This role would be best suited to somebody who:
- Has great attention to detail
- Is capable of concentrating on the same task for a longer period
- Has some familiarity with using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Likes working alone rather than in a group
- Is reliable & trustworthy
- Is looking to gain some experience of working in an office environment
The purpose of the role:
The role of an administrative volunteer would be to support with day-to-day administrative tasks at the LGBT centre and might include completing many different administrative tasks that get carried out at the LGBT centre. Some examples of this would be:
- -Collating data onto a spreadsheet, such as statistics or evaluation data, that helps us look at who uses our services and their experiences
- -Organising the training materials that allow us to deliver LGBT awareness training externally
- -Assisting with creating the documents that let people know what’s going on at the LGBT Centre
- How long will the role last for?
Admin support is an ongoing role
- Time commitment:
To support as and when required
- Would the role require specific training?
Yes, One core training plus specific training for the role
Where will the volunteer be expected to go fulfil their role? At Birmingham LGBT centre
Application process: Email sianfinn[at]blgbt[dot]org with a paragraph about why you want to volunteer, attend an informal interview, complete an application form, provide two references and complete a DBS check.